Friday, June 09, 2006

More Mohair Moaning

OK. I may have exaggerated a little. Well, so much so that if anyone is lurking out there, if I have any readers at all, I might have sent you into hiding over that whole threatening-to-send-you-my-mohair-problem thing.

So I thought I'd show you.

This is the mohair, in the box it came in. Note the dingy brown color, with hints of white. There is handwriting on a boxflap noting it is, in fact, a yearling mohair fleece.


For your viewing pleasure, I have included a closer shot of a lock of said mohair. It is much easier to see the curly white locks in this one, and the encrusted, fully engrained mud with bits of straw sticking out. Most of the straw is caked on with the mud (I don't care what you might think it is, I will continue to call it "mud"!) and isn't really visible until after the washing commences.


And for proof of my sanity, here are two pics of cleaned mohair. Yes, it really is from the same fleece. These have not been carded or combed, though you can't really see in the photos how badly they need it.


It really does clean up well. It gets clean and glossy, and there are no weak spots or anything. I've cleaned quite a few ounces already, close to half a pound of clean mohair (not up for grabs - I earned that!)

Anyway, just sayin'. It does clean up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coming soon to a mailbox near you, your very own handdyed yarn! I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it!

Your Dyepal