Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Pledge




I, Erika, pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 6 months. I pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, and/or recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoated, recylcled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that my thriftyness brings!




Signed,


Erika

aka HistoricStitcher

3 comments:

Obsidian Kitten said...

too cool! i can't wait to see what you come up with...

and it wounds like y'all had an absolutely fantastic weekend. hope to see you soon!

shan

Elisa said...

Dear Erica, since I didn´t find a eMail adress I hope a comment is just as fine. I read the wardrobe refashion blog and then of all newer posts I love your last two. I find it so inspirational and since I don´t fit a lot of my clothes I will follow your idea. You wrote about a list of must- haves and basic wardrobe and I wanted to ask you if you could be so nice as to mail me and send me that list too. It will make things so much easier and faster. Is that ok with you? Mail me at elisaqamichan.de and no problem with writing in English. Thanks in advance. Many greetings
Elisa

emily said...

hi erika,

i'm into your "not buying new stuff" attitude. i'm kind of on a yarn diet, also. i just posted a link to an article i read a few weeks ago about "freegan" living. check it out on my blog and let me know what you think! (the post was Aug 23, so you'll have to scroll a bit.) i've been yarn dieting since the spring and i've only fallen off the wagon once so far.

:)
emily