I was beginning to think it would never come!
I am so tired. Let me count the ways:
1. Had a work function on Tuesday night, in which we went to the Detroit Tigers' game and got to watch them lose from the 18th row, right behind 1st base. Got home after midnight. On a work night. When I had to get up at 6 on Wednesday.
2. It's raining every day. And I'm trying to fit in all the outside chores in between the sudden wind storms, random thundershowers, and power outages.
3. The lawn mower broke tonight in the middle of mowing my parents' front lawn. The whatchama-draulic transmission functions with a freaking rubber bungee. Who makes a lawnmower dependent on a rubber bungee???????? The bungee broke. So lawnmower no go.
4. I pushed the broken lawnmower through the grass and up onto a rock to see if I could fix it. Not happening. So I pushed it all the way to the back polebarn to put it away. It weighs far too much to be pushing it around like that by myself!
5. I have no way to transport said lawnmower to the fixit shop, since my little brother is driving the Jeep that should be sitting in the driveway hooked up to the lawnmower trailer to allow me to transport it. He wrecked his truck the other weekend, when I bothered his plans to party at the parents' house when they were out of town. Remember that little mess? Well, he wrecked his truck that night at about 2am.
6. Mom finished her bike ride this morning.
7. Which means she's coming home on Sunday afternoon.
8. Which means I have to finish everything before she gets here and starts changing my plans.
9. My Little Boy leaves Monday afternoon for his annual week with his dad at the Darke County Steam Show. He's very excited. I have to do laundry.
10. I'm thinking of all the things I want to get done while he's gone.
11. And knowing that I never even come close.
12. I'm desperately trying to get my knitting machine to work. I received it as a gift almost 10 years ago, and am finally wanting to use it. If it hurts my hands to knit cotton, and I want cotton summer sweaters, and I have a knitting machine gathering dust, why shouldn't I be using it to knit said cotton sweaters?
13. Because I let it sit for 10 years. And now parts need replaced before it will work properly.
14. They arrived today.
15. It's already almost 8:30pm, and we only just got home an hour ago and at supper.
16. I really really need to do dishes.
17. I need a shower even more.
18. I need to weedwhack both lawns before Mom gets home. Hers is almost OK as is, but mine is terrible.
19. The cats dragged 18 socks, 2 underpants, 1 pajama bottom, and a bra around the house today. It looks like we undress all over the house and throw things just anywhere.
20. That sounds pretty good right now.
21. I think that's enough. the bathtub is calling me.