Monday, April 24, 2006

Sock News!

One kiddo sock is done!

He's quite pleased, and being six, surprised that it fits.

I used a k4-p1-k1-p1 ribbing, my own toe-up pattern, short row heel, and Knit Picks dye-your-own sock yarn colored with Kool-Aid.

And of course, I started the other.


Kid socks knit up so much faster than grown-up socks.

So after all that dithering around this month, I have one finished object. (If I keep at it, I might have a useful finished pair of merino socks just in time for summer.) So I'm still on track, just not as ahead as I was in March. My goal is to finish one item each month this year. But I have to want to make whatever it is, and enjoy it. I don't have to want the object. I pack them away in a paper sack, lovingly blocked, then wrapped in tissue, in the back of my closet.

Yeah, I'm weird.

Did I ever tell you any different?

No comments: