Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Fashion Sense of Children

Haven't had much knitting time lately. I had a Girls' Night Out at my house on Saturday, and Sunday was recovering from lack of sleep, Monday was back to work (and bed early again), and yesterday was my super-long work day.





But I'm carrying these around with me everywhere I go:
These are the Colinette socks that Little Boy picked out to replace the Kool-Aid socks I knit for him last year. Which he outgrew already. They look so long and skinny because the insteps are ribbed, and pulling in. They fit him beautifully, though. He keeps wanting to try them on, which makes for very slow knitting. They're almost done, onyl a few inches left on the cuffs. I'm so glad he doesn't like tall socks!

I'm magic-looping just to get them done in a hurry. He wants them both, and I find that I get around to finishing a pair a bit quicker if I do it this way, even though I prefer dpns. Sometimes I knit both socks at the same time on 2 sets of dpns, but it's not always an option.

I hope to have some time to finish them tonight. It's cold out there, and he's wearing store-bought cotton socks to play in the snow. Not good. Must. Finish. Wool. Socks. No more freezing toes!

No comments: