Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Quiet

I've been feeling a little anti-noise lately. I've turned the radio off, except for a brief early-morning listen to the weather.

I'm cleaning, and tidying, and generally settling in for the winter. I think it's my polar bear blood (the part of me that belongs in Michigan's UP). It makes me want to nest.

I haven't really felt like blogging, except in spurts.

I'm knitting.

And I'm un-knitting. remember this?
It's the Nantucket Jacket from IK. I started it almost immediately after the issue came.

It was returned to a state of yarn-ness this last weekend. Little Boy thought it was fabulously fun to run the ballwinder while I guided the un-knitting. I love the yarn, and I spent a good deal of money on the called-for yarn. I want that sweater.

But I can't do it right now.

One less project-in-progress to worry about!

I recently unravelled a sock-turned-mitten.

I'm still debating what to do with a pair of socks that don't fit (stretchy yarn+stress=tight socks) and a lone Monkey sock. The Meilenweitt socks are too tight for my monster size 11s. The Monkey isn't doing it for me.

And as for the poll? From the last post? Well, you guys are downright ruthless! Never even asked if I had done math! Well - I'm no stranger to the maths, and did them after posting. I had several readers who made in-person comments and weighed in, and...

The picture I posted showed 1/2 the yarn used. Right?

A shawl calculator I trust told me I had already knit 65% of the shawl.

As of this morning, I am over 87% finished, and only used half the remaining yarn. The rows are getting shorter and shorter, and I'll have a new shawl soon.

You guys are scary. I now know who to call on when I'm having trouble making a tough decision!

I have plenty to think about, and I'm looking forward to letting you all in on my preoccupation when the time is right. For now, please accept that I'm doing some major life re-organizations, the knitting is not the center of my life. I haven't even spun in almost 2 weeks! But I'm cleaning out space, making changes, and being happy with my life right here and now.

Life is good.

p.s. My WIP/UFO count is down to 7.

No comments: