Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm Back!!


And oh! I missed you so much!!

I knew I was spending more and more time online, but I had no idea how hard it was going to be to give it up entirely (except email and work-related research) for the entirety of Lent!  Does this make me a full-fledged online junkie?

One thing it did do for me, besides give me plenty of time to think, play, and read, was to clarify exactly what I missed about being online, and, indirectly, what it is about blogging and participating in forums that I like so much.  I think it may change some habits, and change the direction of some of my online time.  The ways in which this will show, I'm not sure yet.

But I know I missed you guys, I missed blogging, and I tremendously missed Ravelry.  I felt like I'd lost a best friend...and in a way I did.  My Ravelry and blog friends are as real as friends who live in my neighborhood.  E-hugs are as valuable (if not as tangible) as hugs with flesh-and-blood arms touching mine.  The conversations we have, the sharing of ideas, is as much a part of my thinking process as talking with a co-worker in the next office.  OS many times I would have to stop myelf from ruching online to share something I found...six weeks: off limits.

I apologize to any and all I have alienated during my abrupt and prolonged absence.  Truly and sincerely.

*HUGS* to all!!

I'm so glad you're my friends!

2 comments:

froggiemeanie said...

Welcome back!

Kate A. said...

Yay! So glad to have you back!

I ended up taking an unplanned break myself, and am still only partly back - I got flattened by a massive case of food poisoning and strep throat at the same time (!). I've been bed-ridden for a week and a half now and will be for a while longer, but at least now I'm within reach of the computer. Glad we're both back!