Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I got Mail!!!!!

From Europe, no less!!
(I'm not a graphic artist, pardon my privacy.)

And the contents?
Yummy!

2-ply and 3-ply Hebridean yarn from Alice Starmore. I had to see what the big deal was. and since I ordered this...

I didn't have to pay shipping!

I have been wanting this book for years now, and when I started learning more about the Starmore legal battles, and the impending out-of-print-ness of this book...well...

I have one now.

I missed out on Aran Knitting when it came out. I have Fair Isle Knitting, and Celtic Collection (first knitting pattern book I ever bought) and Tudor Roses. I was not going to miss out on this one!

As soon as I finish the torso sock...which split for the armholes today.

It's been running 3 rounds/hour, and at 12 rounds/inch...it's an awful lot of knitting!

I really, Really REALLY want to have this done before the end of sailing season.

Think I'll make it??

He wants it to be a ribbed turtleneck.

2 comments:

Alwen said...

Yummy!

Oh, look, that's Marguerite Porter Davison under there.

Gloria Patre said...

My profound compliments to you on your knitting!! I stand in awe at your perseverance - and the quality of the garment!! A turtleneck?? are you a maso-knitter or what?? LOL!!