Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Almost Time...

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve.

I'm scheduled to work, but there are 3-5 more inches of snow expected tonight, on top of the three we got this afternoon, then up to 1/10 inch of ice, followed by more snow and sleet, so there was discussion and preparation for work being possibly potentially closed again tomorrow. Go figure.

I haven't done a lick of weaving in days. I can't ever seem to get things done on weekdays, so I don't know what made me think I would start now, I haven't a clue. I'll pull the finished towels off tomorrow after work and toss them in the laundry before I hem them, probably Christmas morning.

Of course, I haven't wrapped a thing yet, either. And some of the things I ordered online hasn't arrived yet, though it was promised by tomorrow! So I may have to go shopping for the Kiddo tomorrow, to make sure he has something to open! SO not fair of Amazon!

The kittens came through their surgeries fine. They were incredibly glad to see me when I went to pick them up, and were purring loudly at first sight. They couldn't get close enough and kept trying to get through the bars of their carrier and lick my fingers. Poor babies! They've been walking around the house on tiptoes, kind of sashaying their sore behinds in the air. Get this: the vet says I have to keep them from running and jumping for a week! And they were totally serious! That's like telling the sky to stop snowing! Yeah, right. I can shut them up in the downstairs bathroom tonight, but they were already pouncing on each other and barreling through the living room tonight!

And in response to some recent comments:

- I appear to have a large amount of knitting time purely because I carry my knitting bag absolutely everywhere with me, and knit at every opportunity. I knit in bed at night before I go to sleep. I knit at lunchtime at work with some of the ladies. I knit when I get caught waiting for a train (happens far too often). I knit in lines, while waiting for appointments, during conference calls at work. Sometimes I even knit during choir practice at church! I knit in the labs, too, and can do up to half a sock a day while working at full speed, just from waiting for each analysis to be complete before loading up the next sample.

- My camera, or any camera for that matter, does not like being stuck outside on a cold day when it was warm. They tend to get cold, not function properly, and then when you bring them back in, all the moisture in the air sticks on and in them, and can ruin their electronic innards. The gazebo picture was SO not worth ruining my wonderful and hardy digital camera!

-It's been difficult adjusting to my different body over the last few years. Sometimes I get off on these jags of upset over it, and don't want to accept that I can't do things like race anymore. Because it's not just the migraines on the road bike keeping me back, it's also the fibromyalgia that keeps me from throwing myself all-out into physical activity. I'm still dragging and feeling like crap after all that snowshoeing on Friday! I'm paying the price for my exertions, and it's not like it used to be, when I was younger and not dealing with this. I don't recover in a day or two, now it takes weeks. I know myself well enough to know that if I were to do a triathlon, even as only a part of it in a relay, I would put every ounce of my energy into doing my utmost best on my portion. And then I would suffer for weeks on end. It's me, and the way I do things, to throw myself body and soul into whatever I am doing, and I have a lot of difficulty in learning where the line is before, not after, I cross it.

Thank you to all of you who have left comments recently! I read and appreciate every single one! I love you guys - though it can be hard to explain to non-bloggers how I have such good friends, some of whom I've never met...

1 comment:

Julie said...

Acceptance is the key to chronic health problems, and I go through phases of doing well, and, uh, not. It's a continuing process, of course, and hard enough WITHOUT us then beating ourselves up over THAT. So give yourself a hug once in a while and remember, you're doing what you can, when you can, and that's really what it's all about. Big hugs.

Hope you're having a merry Christmas.