Monday, January 05, 2009

Busy weekend!

My Nantucket Jacket is finally at the stage where I can sew it.

And I have. Well, most of it anyway. But the sleeves are too long. The only part of the thing that doesn't fit! So I have to rip the seam out, shorten them, reknit the sleeve cap, and sew them back in. Then I can finish sewing it up! Blah!

On Saturday we went playing. Kiddo wanted to go ice skating for his birthday, so we invited a friend, and went skating at the local ice rink. (Michigan is full of them - lots of figure skating and hockey around here!)

Even the baby was out on skates for about half an hour. I took him around the rink a time or two very. slow.ly. I hadn't even realized they made skates that small! Shows what I know!

Later, he was zoned out, noshing on Cheerios. So tired!
I've seen a lot of baby Felito* this week. A friend of my sister and brother-in-law is in the hospital, very sick. Mom and I have been tag-teaming the child care so they can be there for their friend. Hence the lack of blogging, and of knitting progress.

The summer socks are still not done.
And I've started this:

Anyone care to guess what this short and fast spinning project is? It's probably not what you think it is...

No comments: