Thursday, May 18, 2006

Catch Up if I Can

I am so far behind in my posting! I have about four posts in my head and camera that need to be dumped out into the 'puter. But I'm having time and email and migraine issues again, so I'll start by playing catch-up for my Dye-O-Rama buddy.

But forst I need to apologize to anyone who's tried to email me in the last two weeks: my email that has been my "permanent" e-address throughout all my many moves died suddenly and with no warning. The Amitysworld.com domain was allowed to expire, and after six years (and paying for service, too!) I lost my lovely, favorite email that I use for all the good stuff and never the spamming. I've set up a new one, and am slowly working through the process of changing the default email at all the many locations where I used it, so please be patient. If you post to the comments, I'll get back to you. Eventually. Somehow.

So. One to the Dye-O-Rama meme.

Your favorite colors? almost all of them. I wear fun, bright, and odd socks regularly.

Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)? fingering for socks.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? lately I'm into solids, but I love multi-colors

If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn? I'll be thrilled with whatever s/he does! We ARE in the WTF group, after all!

Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)? blends are good.

Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? autumn leaves. summer blossoms. Lake Michigan.

What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along? never done a swap, and was just getting interested in dyeing. thought it might be fun, and encourage me to try something new!

General yarn/fiber questions:
Have you dyed yarn/fiber before? once, with Kool-Aid

If so, what’s your favorite dye and method? can't say it's a favorite, if I only did it once!

Do you spin? yes.

Have you knit socks before? oh, yes!

Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too? usually just socks, sometimes mittens or gloves.

What are some of your favorite yarns? Opal, Kaalund, Sockotta, Ecological Wool,

What yarn do you totally covet? Lorna's Laces, Koigu

Favorite patterns? Alice Starmore, toe-up socks, Fiddlesticks lace scarves

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? just one??

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I use a wide variety: dpns for socks, Addi turbos or Skacel circs for flat pieces, and wood or bamboo straights for lace

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? tweedy wool. Plain-seeming at a distance, varied and vibrant closer up, and normal but strong at the core.

Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? dark chocolate.

What’s your favorite animal? love to cuddle llamas and alpacas and sheep

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? two cats, Isis (bluepoint Burmese, 8yrs old) and Chaka (tallest barn cat ever, 9 yrs old)

If you were a color what color would you be? no clue

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s).. slightly fitted (but not tight) 3/4 sleeve T-shirt that ends just at my hip bone.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? open water: ocean, Great Lakes

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. Always try to do things in chronological order; it's less confusing that way. -Anon.

Do you have a wishlist? Amazon.com

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? I'm having fun, and looking forward to the next step! I even bought chemical dyes to try!

No comments: