Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ick

Feel free to skip this post and not read it. Guts and ick, though I'll keep it generic.

This morning was my lovely internal exam, to look for why I've been getting so sick in the gut the last few months. The only "off" thing was an irritation in my stomach. Apparently a vegetarian diet (high fiber, lots of fruits and veggies) does my body good.

The "clean-out" for said exam, however, did not do my body good, and I was shaking and cold and sweating, and generally a mess yesterday. Not fun.

Anyway, it's good to know that there's nothing major going on in there - no ulcers, no cancers, not even any "minor" issues, except for the stomach lining irritation. They biopsied for that, to see if it's something pre-ulcer-ish or what.

All in all, it went better than I expected. I've had some bad experiences with checking on my digestive system, like waking up during a procedure, and stuff like that. I was more than a little apprehensive.

Best news? I probably won't have to go through this again for another 15 years.

2 comments:

Mel said...

That wasn't that gross! I am sorry that they could not really figure out what was making you feel sick though.

Anonymous said...

Woot! One of those rare occasions when no news is good news! Congrats!