Sunday, February 15, 2009

Spontaneous Sunday

Sunday morning, early, at the frigtening hour of 7am, Mom called me. I wasn't quite awake, but I wasn't exactly asleep, either. I was covered in kitties, since the Little Boy was with his dad this weekend and they missed him.

She told me to pack my gear, that she was coming to pick me up in half an hour. Gear? Uh, yeah. Sports gear. She and my Kiddo were signed up for an indoor triathlon in Milford, MI. She asked me about it a month ago, and I said no. I'd been sick, I was tired, and I'm still scared of overdoing it.

Come on, she said. I'll be there in half an hour to get you.

OK, so long story short, I completed my very first ever triathlon. Actually, all three of us completed it, and it was Kiddo's first triathlon, too.

We were quite proud of ourselves.

The folks running the event thought it was pretty neat that we'd come out, all three generations, to run their race. They asked for a picture to put in the paper!

After the race, Mom drove us to a local outlet-type store where she'd seen really long jeans on clearance for $5. I found 2 pairs of jeans, and a pair of chocolate brown cords. I paid $7 each.

When we got home, my sister was sitting in the driveway, with her husband and my sweetheart nephew. They brought about 14 bins of books for Kiddo to read! She's a teacher, and recently got switched from 3-5 grades to K-2, and she wants to store her enormous classroom library she's accumulated! So they're all in the garage, except for one bin, which is currently being read through by my son.
And I got a little baby-time. Nothing, absolutely nothing, beats baby-hugs! (OK, so he's hugging mama here, but I liked the picture!)

No comments: